Affordable Housing Preservation:
Possibilities, Progress and Presidential Politics
Chicago, IL | May 9 - 10, 2012
To download presentations from this conference, click here.
Led by industry experts, this conference will convene some of the most experienced
developers, financiers, technical experts, policy makers, and advocates who are
redefining the preservation of the nation’s affordable housing stock.
The speakers will address today’s issues head on providing candid insights, observations,
and real-life examples against the backdrop on an evolving economy, growing federal
and state deficits, and election year politics.
Topics covered throughout this conference will encompass some of the most important
opportunities and obstacles associated with developing and preserving affordable
housing in 2012 and beyond, including:
- New policy initiatives on Capitol Hill and at HUD,
- Assessing the budget deficit impact on HUD programs,
- Leveraging federal programs with private debt and equity,
- Utilizing green technologies to preserve affordable housing, and
- Evaluating the improved equity and debt markets.