March 25 - 27, 2015 | Westin Grand Central, New York, NY
To download presentations from this conference, click here.
THE FUTURE OF DEVELOPING AND PRESERVING AFFORDABLE HOUSING IN NEW YORK
In addition to our traditional Learn the Basics: Housing Tax Credits 101 conference, we're excited to offer guests the opportunity to attend a half-day Affordable Housing update on Wednesday afternoon, March 25. Our panelists will apprise attendees of the latest developments on the City's 'Housing New York' plan and the State's 'House New York' program. We'll cover new funding opportunities and changes to programmatic guidelines that will impact the future of development and preservation of affordable housing in New York. We'll also provide a supportive housing update and hear from Developers about what they are seeing in the industry.
LEARN THE BASICS: HOUSING TAX CREDITS 101
If you're a newcomer to the field or seeking an up-to-the-minute refresher course, Learn the Basics is the conference for you. Our speakers and panelists will provide a comprehensive and straightforward overview of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program (LIHTC) and engage the audience in an interactive and open discussion about some of the critical issues facing the affordable housing industry in 2014 and beyond. Topics covered during this 1'-day program on Thursday, March 26 & Friday, March 27 include:
- An in-depth overview of the basic rules governing the LIHTC, and how LIHTC transactions are being structured in today's complex business environment;
- Understanding the financial aspects of LIHTC properties, with a hands-on analysis of the financial projections prepared for a typical LIHTC property;
- A detailed overview of the various business, legal, tax, and accounting issues involved in structuring LIHTC transactions;
- A practical look at the critical issues facing developers, investors, lenders, and government agencies when structuring LIHTC transactions, and how these important industry participants work together to develop LIHTC properties;
- Using tax-exempt bonds to qualify for LIHTCs;
- Unlocking value and seizing opportunities in Year 15, and how to select and execute the best Year 15 strategy at your LIHTC property in Year 15;
- Real-world advice on how to efficiently navigate the complex compliance and occupancy restrictions governing LIHTC properties; and
- Assessing the state of the debt and equity markets in 2014, and how the current political climate may affect the future of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program.